Write For Us
HUSTLR welcomes amazing guest authors on our platform. In fact, some of the best-performing content on HUSTLR was submitted by external contributors like you.
Editorial Guidelines To Meet
Ground rule #1: Target a specific keyword (that has ongoing search volume)
We want to make sure your contribution continues to earn you traffic month after month from real people. We are a resource for humans, not for Google. So if you’re only guest posting for a backlink – HUSTLR is not for you.
Your primary keyword should get a minimum of 1,000 monthly searches from US, and can be broadly related to online entrepreneurship. Use a premium tool like Ahrefs or a free one like Ubersuggest to estimate the keyword search volume.
Ground rule #2: Make it the best piece of content available on the internet
The content you submit reflects on you and your business. If you want to be the best, you should be able to proudly say that the content you submit is worthy of the best. Amazing content is what Google shows to readers on the top of the search results.
Submitting the best in class content is a win/win situation. If it’s not amazing, it has very little chance of getting organic eyeballs. That means less reach for both parties.
To put this into perspective, producing the best piece of content means covering the topic of your choice in as much detail as necessary to thoroughly answer what our readers is asking. It usually means writing content that’s at least 2,500 words long.
Here are some examples that have done particularly well:
- Best Podcast Hosting to Start Podcasting
- How I Started A Million Dollar Online Business With $300 In Capital
- Increase Conversion Rates with These Powerful Sales Funnel Strategies
- 9 Easy Ways To Turn Your Blog Posts into an eBook That Makes Money
- 11 Steps to Managing Your Personal Finance (The Right Way)
Ground rule #3: Format it so it’s easy to read.
Well formatted posts are extremely important for us because it helps readers understand what the article is about.
Your post should include:
- Meaningful H2 subheadings to break up subtopics. These subheads should include your main keyword and related secondary keywords.
- Proper citation to relevant internal (use our search feature) and highly authoritative (DR/DA > 60) external resources.
- Relevant images or screenshots. Must use of royalty-free images and credit to source.
- Your author bio (you can include links here).
Ground rule #4: No multi topic pitching
The logic here is that if you have to resort to multi topic pitching to test the waters, you’re not confident with your work as a guest writer and the topics you are pitching in the first place. If you’re struggling to decide what to pitch, send us the one you have most expertise in.
We’re assuming that you’ve already covered the ground rules that we have for guest posts. We receive a ton of pitches every single day, so please follow the instructions below or we will ignore your email.
- Compose your article in Google docs.
- Make sure your article is written in US English.
- Run your draft through grammar tools like Hemingway or Grammarly.
- Send your pitch to our editorial team at editorial at hustlr dot com.
- Use the Subject line: “HUSTLR Pitch: [Your proposed title]”
- Link to the GDoc version of your article.
We’ll get back to your pitch within 5 business days. If you don’t hear back from us within this time frame, you can assume that your pitch was not accepted.