Are you looking to earn from the most profitable niches in Affiliate Marketing in 2023? Our guide will help make your decision easier.
Finding a profitable niche in any affiliate marketing business is vital to success. It removes the confusion and struggle and hastens the reward for your hard work.
After all, if you plan on monetizing your blog with affiliate marketing, you’ll need to churn out content for it in the long run continuously, so it makes perfect sense to take your time to decide the niche for your blog.
While we’ve outlined the top 11 niches for affiliate marketing in this article, you should know that you can make money from affiliate marketing in any niche. Some might be more profitable than others, but it won’t matter if you burn out from blogging about something you don’t enjoy in the first place.
Maintaining a consistent output of blog content is no easy task, and there’s no shortage of blogs that start out strong, with one blog post per week, and then slowly dropping off to once per month, and then once every other month.
Building an audience and monetizing it with affiliate marketing is a long-term game; if your interest in a niche fades away after several months, it’s likely that you won’t see any revenue at all from your affiliate marketing venture.
Ask yourself this: Will I enjoy writing about this niche 1 year from now? Can I realistically write 100 blog posts for this niche without losing interest?
If your answer is an affirmative yes, then good for you! If it’s not, it’s actually not the end of the world, as sheer passion alone doesn’t pay the bills.
While a passion for your blogging niche goes a long way to sustained motivation to run your blog, there’s no doubt that when you start making money with affiliate marketing, it’s easy to learn to become passionate about it. And if you’re just starting out as a blogger, check out our 8-step guide on how to start a successful blog.
Think about this for a second: How passionate can you be about something to put in work to produce content day after day without seeing any rewards for your work?
On the flip side, do you think you can develop a passion for niche after making your first $10,000 from it?
You see, passion is a complicated subject, and it can blossom and die down quickly, depending on your circumstances, especially when it comes to money.
We’re not saying that you should force yourself into a specific niche that has the highest chances of making you money, but realize that passion alone doesn’t make or break a decision on whether you want to pursue blogging in that space.
A famous example of developing a passion for something after seeing tangible results is the story of the late Steve Jobs. While he is well known for this career in Apple, Steve Jobs was not at all infatuated with computers earlier in his life, as outlined in this article by FastCompany. Yet, there’s no doubt that Steve Jobs eventually developed a burning passion for the technology industry after his venture took off.
Another thing to think about when deciding on a blogging niche, especially for affiliate marketing, is to think about what can you produce to serve your audience instead of what you feel like writing.
Realize that nobody is going to consume your content just because you’re putting something out there. Your content should have a purpose, to either help your audience solve a problem, learn something new, or be entertained.
This is precisely why it’s important to separate the ‘What’ with the ‘Why’ when it comes to making a decision to start blogging about something. While you might have a good idea of what your blog should be about, you’ll also need to think about why your blog exists in the first place.
If you’re passionate about gaming, are you teaching people how to get better at certain games? Or are you able to offer expert advice on what gaming peripherals to buy? As you can see, the ‘Why’ is much more nuanced than ‘What’.
With all of that said, there’s no way to know on whether you found the perfect niche to blog about until you actually get your feet wet into blogging, but knowing this before embarking on your blogging journey will help you manage expectations a lot better.
Our advice would be first to filter out the niches that you know you have an affinity for and see if you can come up with a more focused sub-niche that you can give a shot at.
While there is a virtually endless list of niches that can be used for affiliate marketing, there are several that are proven to be more promising in terms of their track record for making money.
Without further ado, here are our top eleven (11) list of blogging niches for affiliate marketing:
1. The Tech Niche
Image via Unsplash
Technology has changed our lives for good. As a field and phenomenon, technology has permeated into other areas; art, health, finance, agriculture, real estate, and more. This fluidity has made technology a mainstay in our everyday activity. If you love tech gadgets and possess a passion for exploring devices, you should consider tech blogging. As a tech blogger, your goal is to attract and build an audience with your knowledge of the tech space.
Technological innovations are happening by the minute. Techies want to follow the latest tech news and are looking for a one-stop-shop for tech-related news. If you can identify the latest gadgets available in the market and advise your audience based on budget and technical requirements, you become their go-to-guy for anything related to tech.
While tech as a field is vastly broad, and it is impossible to cover everything, it is advised to target a sub-niche.
Are you into mobile tech, blockchain, PC, gaming? One of the significant advantages of blogging in the tech space is the availability of content. There are hundreds of tech companies ideating and launching products every week. There is never a drought in the latest happenings and topics for you to cover.
Another noteworthy advantage is the sales value. Most affiliate bloggers earn a lot of money from marketing tech products to a large audience. The goal is always to be one of the first to write about new trends in your sub-niche.
Sub-niches in tech you can write about:
• Mobile Technology: Create blogs that focus on Mobile gaming, SMS, Ad Mob for apps, Android, and iOS.
• PC Technology: Create a blog that discusses the possibilities and wonders of PC tech. You can delve into hardware and software reviews and the classical “Mac vs Windows” arguments
• Blockchain Niche: Create a blog that addresses the blockchain community. If you are in the know behind the workings of cryptocurrencies, mining, or trading, you can produce informational content about these topics in your blog.
Before you jump the gun and start a Tech Blog overnight, things will only work out if you love technology and remain motivated to write excellent content.
2. The Health Niche
Image via Unsplash
As the saying goes, “Health is wealth,” our health is of utmost importance to us. Since the advent of the internet, the health and fitness industry has diversified its practices and found ways to reach and communicate with their audience online. The global healthcare market is now estimated to be worth some $10tn, which is higher than every country in the world’s GDP except the U.S and China. The urge and need to stay healthy means people will always look for anti-aging methods, diet strategies, work out regimens, and more.
The traffic in this niche is humongous, and there is enough to go around. The good thing about blogging in the health and fitness niche is you don’t need to be a guru or certified health practitioner. If you hold these titles or have earned relevant certifications, it will create a better impression of you being an expert in the eyes of people. But, if you are passionate about researching and finding answers, you can make it big in the health and fitness niche even without these credentials.
As always, we advise you to pick a sub-niche. You can talk about dieting and nutrition. Find common questions in this field and write detailed articles explaining what works and what doesn’t work. Stay up to date with new and popular products. Write an extensive review covering every angle of the product and let your audience know what to expect from using these products.
• Weight Loss: Create blogs focused on dieting and nutrition. You can cover different types of diet and diet recipes ideas. You can also share weight loss stories to encourage and motivate your audience.
• Healthy Eating: Eating healthy is usually associated with weight loss, but even non-obese people should eat healthily. You can create a blog focused on sharing healthy food recipes for everybody.
• Fitness Professionals: If you love to work out and want to earn while doing what you love doing, you should consider positioning yourself as a fitness enthusiast. As a fitness guru, you can share information about supplements, weight lifting, mental preparation and services, and personalized workout plans for your audience.
• Stress Management: The 9-5 mania is hectic for all. Your target audience would be business owners and career-driven individuals looking to receive support and tips on how to combat stress and declutter their lives.
• Skincare: Skincare goes beyond remedies for acne, skin rashes, and warts. A skincare blog will advise and educate its readers on proper ways to care for their skin while suggesting skincare products to use regularly.
• Reproductive Health: This kind of niche blog is targeted towards mothers and mothers to be. A reproductive health niche will share fact-based info relating to conception, baby health, child development, and other mother-child related issues.
Health Line is one of the top health blogs in 2023 that is doing pretty well in the healthy eating and weight loss department.
3. Digital Marketing/Internet Marketing Niche
Image via Unsplash
Digital marketing is one of the most competitive blogging niches for affiliate marketing in 2020. Digital marketing is a broad niche that has grown steadily over the years. With the reduced dependency on traditional methods of advertising, most people are looking to brush up their digital marketing skills.
Digital marketing covers any marketing executed via websites, social media, mobile apps, search engines, and email.
Business owners are now going full throttle on revamping their online presence and getting the word out about their line of offerings. The benefits of applying deft digital marketing strategies to your business are limitless.
The good thing about nestling into the digital marketing niche is the fact that we all do a little bit of digital marketing every day. Activities like trying to get Instagram followers, posting content regularly, creating gif-inspired emails are considered digital marketing related tasks.
The best strategy in building a successful affiliate marketing business in this niche is by making insightful articles, videos, webinars, and product reviews for aspiring digital marketers.
Some sub-niches you should consider in the digital marketing niche include:
• Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing focuses on generating social traffic through Social media platforms. Your blog content will center around growing an audience on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
• Web Design and Optimization: Focused on website aesthetics and tools to increase visibility and enhance functionality.
• Search Engine Marketing: Creating marketing campaigns targeted at people who use search engines.
• Mobile Marketing: This includes app marketing via mobile apps.
• SEO Marketing: Analyzing and educating your audience about SEO strategies to increase web presence.
• Video Marketing: Sharing tips on how to produce excellent video content and grow as a Vlogger
• Content Marketing: Creating, curating, posting and distributing educative content in your field
• Email Marketing: Writing email series and ad copies specifically for email conversion and sales.
• Business Plan and Strategy: This sub-niche focuses on teaching your audience how to conduct market research, SWOT analysis, and develop a holistic business strategy, especially in the internet space.
4. Love and Relationship Niche
Image via Unsplash
Love is a fleeting concept to most, but for the most of it, everyone desires love. Whether it is agape love or romantic love, people love “love.” Love cumulates into relationships. Some people find it hard to build or maintain a relationship, especially in today’s internet-driven world. In fact, this niche is so lucrative that it is valued at an estimated $2.5 billion in the U.S alone.
People are willing to spend their time and money on a resource that teaches them how to find love or flirt. If you are quite the lover and charmer, you can create a love and relationship blog for your affiliate marketing business.
You can write poems, first date tips, how to impress a girl/boy, dinner dress ideas, first date spots, and more. These topics generate a considerable amount of search queries on Google.
DatingAdvice.com is a fantastic website in this niche to study and learn from.
Some sub-niches you should consider in the love and relationship niche include:
• Hook-up: Creating content for people specifically looking to hook up and meet without the usual commitment associated with relationships.
• Blind Dates: Blind dating sites talk about the benefits of going for blind dates, safe dating measures and help set up blind dates.
• Everyday Love: Help people from different walks of life find love. They could be in the same or different locations or just looking to start dating online first.
• Relationship Blog: Share bond-strengthening strategies for individuals maintaining Long term relationships.
• Age: Create love-related content targeted towards a specific age range like the elderly, Divorcees, Teens, College, Young professionals.
• Religion: Create love and relationship content geared towards religion, especially if your faith aligns with the religion.
5. Personal Finance and Investment Niche
Image via Unsplash
The personal finance and investment niche is all about getting your finances right and growing your net worth. This niche is ever-evolving as there are hundreds of ways to make money, and nobody has covered all the methods there is. How does this concern you?
If you have a thing for finance, personal growth, the stock market, forex market, and other investment schemes, this is where you can excel.
You can build a thriving impressive affiliate marketing business that helps people save and invest their money in various channels.
You don’t have to hold a CPA certification or be a stockbroker to excel in this niche. You can review financial products, services, and instruments. Do some thorough research and back up your facts with authoritative sources.
Some sub-niches you should consider in the personal finance and investment niche include:
• Stock Market: Create blogs that analyze the Stock market instruments and trends.
• Foreign Exchange Markets: Create blogs that compare major currency pairs and exotics. You can also create content reviewing the best brokers and software programs.
• Credit Card Niche and Loan Management: Credit card debt and credit card rewards are highly debated topics. You can go the extra mile and educate your audience on loan management.
NerdWallet is an authority in the personal finance and investment niche. Take a cue from them and know how to get started.
6. The Pet Care Niche
Image via Unsplash
Are you a pet lover? Do you own your personal pets? Have you worked in a veterinary?
Dogs, cats, possums – pet lovers love their pets and are willing to spend a lot of money to provide them with proper pet care.
Several pet affiliate programs are looking for enthusiastic pet lovers to partner with, which presents an opportunity to convert your interest for pets into a thriving affiliate business. Check out the top 10 affiliate programs for the pet niche here.
Is the Pet Care niche lucrative?
The pet care industry is believed to generate over 21 billion dollars annually, so it’s really lucrative.
Some sub-niches you should consider in the pet care niche include:
• Pet Clothes and Accessories: Help pet owners decide on their pet’s wear and accessories. You can write insightful pieces about pet styled designs and products.
• Pet Grooming: Create content for pet owners looking to learn more about the right hygienic care for pets.
• Pet Diet and Recipes: Write content centered around recipes, diets Homemade dishes for your audience’s furry friends.
Herepup is a website making a killing in the pet care niche.
7. The Movie and Music Niche
Image via Unsplash
“Without music, life would be a mistake”
– Friedrich Nietzsche.
Everyone has a favorite genre or a favorite artist. Film Making and music are two of the most consumed media products in the world. It doesn’t matter if you are team bey hive, or a Marvel comic universe addict (MCU), you can write reviews on songs and movies on as part of your affiliate marketing strategy.
There are thousands of music and movie lovers just like you. The rave for a new album or movie never stops. If your passion for music and movies is unquenchable, then you should start writing. Create a music/movie review blog and review the latest releases by the minute. Don’t just write what everybody says, write what you think. Sharing your original and authentic opinion might earn you a loyal following.
Some sub-niches you should consider in the music and movie niche include:
• Music Blogging: Posting free songs and mixtapes of several artistes across several. You should steer clear from music piracy as DMCA works with Google to punish websites that post paid-music as free to download.
• Movie Review: Movie review blogs rate movies based on several criteria like plotline, cast selection, acting prowess, and other nuances. You can focus on a particular genre of movies like sci-fi, romance, or horror.
Affiliate websites like Jamorama and Rocket Piano are both on ClickBank, along with several others. Rocket Piano and Jamorama teach people how to play the piano and guitar. They pay you a commission for new subscriptions and recurring fees.
8. The Fashion and Beauty Niche
Image via Unsplash
Fashion represents what we wear, and how we wear it. The fashion niche is a highly lucrative niche if you are looking to start your affiliate marketing business. Powerhouses like Louis Vuitton and Gucci have set the pace in the fashion industry. From clothes to boots, shoes, shades, gowns, ties, and accessories, everyone loves to look good.
Whether you like to keep it plain jane or love to dazzle in grand style, fashion is something we are all invested in. Beauty products also go hand in hand with fashion. People love to invest in their skin to keep it radiating and supple.
If you love your Yeezys, Fentys, and b=Balmain, this is the right time to be alive. You can take your love for the fashion niche to the next level. Create a fashion blog and write thrilling articles on fashion trends, new releases, the 4 major fashion weeks, and more. Do not just regurgitate what is out there; share your unique opinion on fashion-related stories.
Some sub-niches you should consider in the fashion and beauty niche include:
• Beauty and Cosmetics: Write fact-driven blogs on different skin types and products to use based on skin type.
• Fashion Trends: There is a fashion choice for every season. Come winter, and your story should be covering winter-themed boots, coats, and blazers.
The Atlantic Pacific is an example of a fashion and lifestyle blog dedicated to helping others get inspiration for their outfits and personal aesthetics.
9. The Travel Niche
Image via Unsplash
It’s a daydream that comes to mind every now and then– quit your job, pack a few things, and head out to somewhere you have never visited.
Things lіkе digital bombardment, traffic hаѕѕlеѕ, wоrk ѕtrеѕѕ, break ups, rесеѕѕіоn, inflation, аffаіrѕ аnd other life oddities makes a big case for why we should travel. Sо, a bіg quеѕtіоn arises hеrе. Hоw саn we escape from thеѕе nerve-racking situations? Thе perfect answer that рорѕ uр іn mу mіnd іѕ’ trаvеl’.
If you are passionate about traveling & curious for new experiences, the travel niche is the right fit for you. Traveling is therapeutic for many people, and you can be their go-to-person for travel destinations and tips.
So how do you go about starting a travel blog? The best travel blogs are managed by people who love to see the world and write about it. If you cannot afford to travel just yet, you can relive the experiences of others vicariously. You need to hone your research skills and storytelling abilities. You also need to show the hidden beauties of the most obscure destinations. You can also invest guest contributors to post their travel experiences.
There are several affiliate programs partnered with travel airlines, agents, and tour operators willing to pay an attractive percentage for every person that does business with them through your link.
There are also a lot of independent sponsors that may contact you for an advert slot or a referral campaign.
Some sub-niches you should consider in the travel niche include:
• Travel Budgeting: Not everyone loves to splurge cash during travel trips. There are several travel hacks and tips that allow travelers to save money on the road. You can write educative blog posts on how to save money and avoid being scammed by travel agents and companies. You can also teach people how to use discount offers and credit rewards.
• Backpackers Guide: Backpackers travel around the world on a shoestring budget. They love to hike, climb, run, and engage in high octane activities. Write guides that help backpackers plan and travel better.
• Airline and Travel Tour Company Reviews: Not everyone loves to engage in the tedious process of planning a trip. Most people would rather go through an agent or a tour company. This is where your services are needed. You can perform a survey or extract data from review sites and write comprehensive reviews about these travel companies and airlines.
Livingthedreamrtw is a prime example of a travel affiliate website done right. They even have a blog post which you can read here that outlines how they’ve managed to make $30,000 a year on affiliate revenue!
10. Mental/Life Coaching Niche
Image via Unsplash
A few of us experience anxiety as panic attacks; we may even struggle to get out of bed to work or school or leave the house for any reason. Some of us experience anxiety as a shadow deterring and lurking us around all-day.
Life is like a roller-coaster. One day, you might be having the best time of your life, and the next you feel out of sync, completely down. However, just as life holds many wonderful surprises, but how do we handle and go through the rough times that we receive experience on such a regular basis?
Anxiety, depression, and OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) affect people from all walks of life. If these disorders are not treated early, it may result in severe damage to the individual. Depression is a mental disorder, whereas obsessive-compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder.
As a blogger in the mental and life coaching niche, your target audience is people who seek happiness and tranquility. You will help them get off the fence and get things done so they can take their life to the next level!
You have to portray yourself as a grounded and motivated individual. You can organize and hold group sessions, one on one sessions, or Facebook group sessions.
Your content should set a path of self-discovery for your readers. You should be able to spur motivation, inspire action-focused steps, and help your audience stay accountable for all those steps.
Some sub-niches you should consider in the mental and life coaching niche include:
• Life Coach: You will create posts that encourage intuitive thinking, allowing your readers to attain new levels of awareness and insight. You have to make them believe strongly in change from the beginning as a gradual unfolding of a better them.
• Career Coach: This means curating content aimed at helping your readers maximize their potential every day through social media, products, services, events, and coaching.
• Business Coach: You will provide online business advice for successful and aspiring entrepreneurs. You will also help readers grow their business and create passive income that gives them the financial freedom they deserve and focus on what is essential.
You can learn how to build an affiliate marketing business by starting a life coaching blog from Tony Robbins.
11. Self-Improvement Niche
Image via Unsplash
Self-improvement cuts across several areas. Self-improvement is the urge to become a better version of yourself in your career, life, as a parent, lover, or person. There are several core areas to cover in self-improvement, and you will have to find a specific niche as always. If you are a guru in a specific field like accounting, software engineering, or copywriting, you can become a mentor to many.
As a blogger in the self-improvement niche, your job is to provide content geared towards individuals looking to educate themselves in their desired field further.
Some sub-niches you should consider in the self-improvement niche include:
• Leadership and Public Speaking: Public speaking and leadership are things that are crucial in any career, yet many people struggle with them. Write on how to project an ideal tone and body language for maximum impact.
• Presentation Skills: You can share presentation training secrets that will help your readers build rapport and influence right from the start.
Lifehack.org does a wonderful job of helping people improve their analytical and motor skills. Lifehack posts both the mundane and complex hacks that can help you become a better you.
Congrats, you made it to the end. If you have been looking for the best niche topics and blogging ideas when starting a blog for affiliate marketing, this guide should help you get bootstrapped.
Affiliate marketing blogs remains one of the most influential media in reaching an audience. It’s imperative to evaluate periodically if the blog model is still beneficial to your affiliate marketing business.
We do not expect you to delve into all eleven niches at once as that will stretch you thin.
Start blogging today with the several niches that interest you the most, and keep posting to see if that’s the one for you. Typically, your attention will be drawn to the one you love the most after a few weeks. It’s okay to be unsure, but it’s not okay to let your indecision compromise your goals.
Lastly, you should know that when you’re creating blogs for affiliate marketing or for any marketing for that matter, you should never just be trying to sell, sell, sell. Be subtle when giving a review or product recommendation.
If you are looking for more hands-on guidance on affiliate marketing, we highly recommend this amazing course from Authority Hacker that teaches you how to turn your blog into an authority site. This course has helped HUSTLR turn into an authority site in our niche – outranking most of our competitors (even Neil Patel).
Demi is a professional writer, published author, and digital marketing afficionado. He is a bonafide hustlr that has explored several opportunities across the internet ecosystem. When Demi is not crafting mind-boggling content, he is binge watching Game of Thrones, Money Heist and Suits.